Skip to main content

Creating a Graphic Organizer/Thinking Map of Important Ideas

 While reflecting on Knight chapters two and three, what struck me the most about making my thinking visible as a learner is that I have been utilizing the learning map method when taking notes.  I also noticed that I took more detailed notes knowing that I had to write notes down.  I usually write my notes in the margin of my text books.  As a teacher, I feel that it is extremely important for students to record their thinking about a topic, subject, project, whatever it is they are working on whether it is on a graphic organizer or a learning map.  Students need to be able to record their thinking their way but in an organized manner in one place so that they can go back to their notes on a particular subject.  Students will also be able to go back to their notes and add things that they may have missed that a teacher covered in class.  Writing notes in an organizer or learning map will increase a student’s comprehension and engagement on the subject.  This method is useful when researching or writing about a topic, studying for an assessment, homework or even working on a science project.  




Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your blog, Kim! I am a huge fan of making thinking visible for students. There are so many valuable ways to support this in the classroom--I am excited for you to have the opportunity to explore them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment